Module Overview: These modules contain practical information and useful resources for School Liaisons from varying backgrounds and levels of experience.
- The modules were developed through interviews with School Liaisons and other key U.S. education officials; input from experts from the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), the military branches, and the U.S. Department of Education; and research of existing materials from various government sources.
- School Liaisons are responsible for identifying barriers to academic success and developing solutions for military families; promoting parental involvement in their child’s education; developing and coordinating partnerships with educators, school leaders, and community groups; providing parents with the tools they need to overcome obstacles to education stemming from the military lifestyle; and promoting and educating local communities and schools regarding the needs of military-connected children.
- Module users can create a personal account to log in to the modules in order to bookmark progress and view completed lessons.
- Each module contains from two to five lessons.
- While it is recommended that users move through the modules and the lessons in the order that they are offered, it is not mandatory.
- The information captured about users through their accounts will only be used in aggregate form so that DoDEA can understand which modules were most viewed and how many total users viewed the modules.
Looking Forward: Next, learn about the U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA).